3 major problems we face with the current Web, that affect our lives
There are 3 major problems we face on the web, that affect our lives!
“The web does not connect just machines, it connects people.” Tim Berners Lee
The Web was an innovation that revolutionized humanity and provided a new way of communication. One of its uses has been to help people connect over any distance, enabling them to take multiple actions.
The development of the web has been continuous, but things have not always been like this. In 1991 web1 was created as a static infrastructure, and later in web2 we saw sites that had dynamic interactions.
The WWW (World Wide Web) as we know it was invented by Tim Berners-Lee in 1989 and officially opened to the general public in 1991.
You may be wondering what it does for you to know these things?
In the early days of the web people were very sceptical, and some newspapers wrote various opinions that did not encourage the move towards web technology.
When we see something new for the first time, we tend to be reluctant because we don’t know what it means and what it can be used for.
Just three years after the advent of the internet, Jeff Bezos quit his job at an investment bank and created Amazon.
It may sound crazy, but what would it have been like to listen to the opinions of other people who thought the web had no future?
Surely we wouldn’t have heard today of Amazon, Google and many other companies that paved the way for what we see today.
However, over the last 30 years the web has given us and still gives us many problems!
Here are 3 problems you’ve definitely seen:
1. FAKE NEWS AND MANIPULATION
– we are bombarded with millions of pieces of information, each one “plausible” in the opinion of various specialists and not only;
– there are influencers who through various collaborations help to manipulate the masses of people in a direction, which is often not the one they want.
– one of the biggest problems with the internet is that it does not offer complete security. You may have heard of cases where a friend or acquaintance has had their social media account or bank account hacked;
– posts that occur as a result of fake accounts, which end up causing financial damage, some of which is quite painful.
3. SLOW INTERNET AND HIGH COSTS
– We are facing a situation where hundreds of millions of people access the internet every day and its speed is getting slower and slower. Maybe you too have moments when the internet crashes, or you simply notice that it doesn’t work as you want it to;
– the costs have started to be quite high, and the “game” can change in the meantime. In the past you could buy a .ro domain for life, now you have to pay monthly or yearly;
– as long as there is a “formality” like ICANNN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers is an American), things are questionable;
The Internet is a very powerful and extremely beneficial tool for people, both individuals and especially businesses.
We need to take a closer look at things, lest we end up being used by a “world” that consciously or unconsciously dictates our directions.
Like any moment in history, it is time for a new phase.
*this is the first meme from the Sourceless educational series.
Step by step, we can create anything, as long as we have the necessary knowledge.
Follow us and find out more details about the Web, Internet, Blockchain and the future of these technologies.